I went to the grocery store this morning and was super happy with some “discount” finds! I am always trying to keep my weekly grocery budget under $40.00 ($30 is always my goal) and looking for recipe inspiration isn’t always cheap!
They say the most brilliant, creative ideas come out of poverty, so the way I look at it, if I only bring $40 to the store, I am going to come up with the best ideas on how to spend it and make it go as far as I can!
Today I spent $35.00 and my meal plan is as follows (some stuff I already have and that was all taken into consideration when making my list…..I am always planning!)
- Steak Roll Ups with peppers, onions and a big salad
- Cauliflower crust pizza with cheese, olives and tomatoes
- Turkey tacos in corn shells, lettuce, tomato, refried beans and cheese
- BBQ sausage with fried apples and potatoes
- Cheese omelettes with a big salad
I will still have lots left over for snacks 🙂 Keep an eye for some of these recipes later this week!